Want to be apart of something Great? Do you or someone you know love living and promoting the cottage lifestyle? Want to help families create traditions that will last a lifetime? Join the Great Blue Resorts Team! We have a variety of career opportunities available including sales, management, administrative, lifeguards, landscapers and more! Click on the job title below to learn more.
If you want to learn even more about what it’s like to work at Great Blue Resorts, watch our Careers Videos at the bottom of this page.
Top Sales Performers wanted for Resort Cottage Sales
August 6, 2020
Submission Deadline September 30, 2020
What’s in it for you?
- Top Sales Performers $120,000+ on target earnings
- Bonuses and Perks
- Comprehensive benefits package
- International Industry Sales Training
- Advancement opportunities
What do our Sales Advisors look like?
- Highly motivated, focused, self starters
- Professional communicators
- Strong relationship building experts
- Happy to hit the phones and reap the benefits!
- Team players
- Possess personal accountability
- Able to work evenings, every weekend and holidays
Who are we?
Great Blue Resorts own and operate cottage resorts across Ontario and grown to 9 resorts over our first 10 years. We provide families an opportunity to enjoy a cottage lifestyle at a fraction of the cost of traditional cottage ownership for a day, a week or a lifetime!
What does the job look like?
COVID19 has changed the world and the way we do business. Providing families with a safe vacation alternative to their traditional vacations, is what we offer. You will be working in a safe, clean and sanitized work area, performing recreational cottage tours with safe distancing practices, you can show you customers how to enjoy their family time in a stress free environment without the crowds. Our Sales Advisors are the most important point of initial customer contact for cottage and vacation sales! Our best Sales Advisors have grown with the business and have successful careers in cottage sales, sales training and resort management. Sales is the stepping stone to a long term successful Career at Great Blue.
We are looking for the high performers, those dedicated to providing customers with all the information they need to make an informed decision to enjoying a traditional cottage lifestyle at a fraction of the price of a traditional cottage. If you are looking for a great career in Sales, have a strong sales background or just the pure desire to succeed in sales, we want to hear form you! We thank all candidates who apply and those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Great Blue Resorts is committed employment equality regardless of national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Great Blue Resorts welcomes and encourages applications from disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Resort Lifeguards for 2020
January 28, 2020
Submission Deadline April 15, 2019
Great Blue Resorts is now accepting applications for Lifeguards for our Vine Ridge Resort in beautiful Queenston in Niagara on the Lake for the 2020 season.
Our unique 1 acre pool requires a team of enthusiastic, customer friendly professional lifeguards to join our resort team.
We are open 7 days a week, beginning the May long weekend through Labour Day with our pool hours typically 8:00am to 8:00pm. Our lifeguards must be able to work weekends, hold valid CPR C and NLS certifications.
- Prevent and respond to emergencies, while always providing enthusiastic, courteous and superior service to guests
- Maintain consistent surveillance of our cottage owners and guests on the resort; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of guests in the event of emergency
- Provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Other duties as assigned
Please forward your resume for immediate consideration. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Fulltime and Part-time positions available
Resort Team 2020!
January 28, 2020
Submission Deadline August 31, 2020
RESORT TEAM MEMBERS
Yes, we are still recruiting for our 2020 season!
If you are in the hospitality industry now or want to be, you may want to look at an exciting seasonal position with Great Blue Resorts.
We teach you everything you need to know about working on a the front desk, pitching in for events and activities, managing the canoes, kayaks and stand up paddleboards. You will be talking with customers, finding out about their vacations and helping them to enjoy their time with us. You may spend an hour being one of our lively mascots or be scooping ice cream in the Welcome Centre. Our Resort team members are jack and jills of all trades on the resort, so every day is a new adventure. This is the perfect job for someone looking for a permanent resort career or a great summer job. Many of our Managers have started in various resort positions and grown with the business. It’s the perfect introduction to Great Blue Resorts!
Doesn’t this sound like the place you want to spend your time?
What’s in it for you?
- $14-$18 per hour
- 24-40 hours per week
- Discounts on resorts
- Paid breaks
- Working in a fun hospitality environment on beautiful resorts across Ontario
What are the Qualities of a successful Resort Lead?
• Positive Attitude
• Team Player
• Effective Communication Skills
• Knowledge of Computer Systems
• Sales Focused
If you are a looking for a great summer job on a fun resort in the bustling cottage, we have the right job for you. Apply TODAY!
Great Blue Resorts… Family Traditions Start Here!
Great Blue Resorts is committed to employment equality regardless of national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Great Blue Resorts welcomes and encourages applications from disabilities candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Resort Property Management
November 26, 2019
Submission Deadline December 31, 2019
Who are we?
Great Blue Resorts owns and operates 9 private resort properties located throughout Ontario’s cottage country. These properties are made up of small seasonal resorts offering outright ownership of beautiful pre-manufactured Recreational Cottages for seasonal vacation enjoyment. Our resorts have full facilities including community areas, swimming pools, splash pads, multi-sports courts, playgrounds, docks and beaches.
We are always looking for great talent and are seeking qualified candidates to join our Property Manager teams across Ontario to support our existing resorts. The Property Management position is a hands on role, responsible for the overall resort operation, facilities and property management, providing a clean, safe and well-maintained property for our recreational cottage owners through proactive leadership.
What’ in it for you?
- Competitive Salary $47K+ depending on experience and credentials
- Comprehensive Benefits program
- Training and support
- Continued growth opportunities
- Generous vacation
What does a Great Blue Resorts Property Manager Look Like?
- A minimum of 10 years property project, facilities and operations management which may include experience as a, Property General Manager, Multi-unit property manager, Property Operations Manager, Golf Superintendent, Property and Facilities manager or other operations related expertise
- Strong knowledge of and physical expertise in property infrastructure, including water and septic systems
- Able to lead, manage and execute daily property requirements
- Proactive thinker, logical problem solver, hands on solutions provider
- Ability to hold team and vendors accountable and make change as needed
- Construction project management – knowledge of permits, building code, construction contract negotiation, project management software
In addition, you are responsible for –
- Identifying infrastructure challenges and work to resolve and maintain effective maintenance program of facilities including pool, splash pad, buildings, septic and water system and equipment.
- Establishing property, grounds, facilities, buildings and equipment maintenance schedules
- Organizing, submitting and overseeing all capital improvements. Prepare an annual “Management Action Plan”
- Effectively lead the team through daily and weekly meetings, reviewing targets, progress, setting weekly goals and course correction
- Safeguarding and implement changes to insure the overall integrity of the resort
- Design and implement safety programs
- Oversees the hiring and use of contractors and contracted maintenance employees working on company property and equipment, ensuring they work safely and efficiently and perform Health & Safety inspections
- Addressing facility breakdowns that can occur after work hours, weekends and holidays.
- Working with the available resources, executing repairs, projects, purchases, preventative
- Obtain and use proper equipment for maintenance and repair activities required to maintain all property systems
- Arrange for training for self, and maintenance team, to ensure safe and appropriate procedures are followed at all time
- Use appropriate checklists to perform scheduled inspections, repair and maintenance of all buildings, equipment, amenities, and property
- Ensure maintenance tools, work space, equipment organized and in good working order
- Obtain quotes, plan and support major development renovations, ensure that the work is completed properly and under proper procedures and safely
- Advanced Excel expertise, Project Management program expertise
- Complete work orders through Maintenance job system
- Responsible for specific budget items, accountable for financial results of those budget items
- Monthly inventory – of all supplies (maintenance, electrical supplies etc.) and request for re-order of supplies when necessary
- Manage property assets, receive and record arrival of all supplies and equipment that pertain to the Maintenance operation
- Ensure all guests reported issues are rectified ASAP and communicated with Front Desk to advise upon completion and inspection
Skills & Qualifications Desired
- Diploma in Engineering Technology, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project Management certification
- Provincial Health & Safety Procedures
- Hazardous Materials
- Working at Heights
- Emergency Response
- CPR with AED
- Certification in plumbing, electrical, HVAC
- Physical requirements for this position include the ability to lift 30 lbs., climb stairs, walk between buildings, stoop kneel, and bend and have hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Qualified Heavy Equipment Operator – skid steer, backhoe, tractor
- Septic System knowledge and maintenance experience
- Small Drinking Water Systems knowledge and maintenance experience
If you are a take charge manager with the above qualifications, looking for a long-term career opportunity, with a growing company, this may be the right fit for you.
Great Blue Resorts… Family Traditions Start Here!
Great Blue Resorts is committed to employment equality regardless of national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability. Great Blue Resorts welcomes and encourages applications from disabilities candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.